Advantages of LED car lights
Update:10 Nov 2021
Summary:For automobiles, LED light sources (not limited to headlight...
For automobiles, LED light sources (not limited to headlights) have the following 7 major advantages:
1. Energy saving and low cost: The luminous efficiency of LED is 80%~90%. If we use our daily energy-saving lamps as an example, energy-saving lamps are 4/5 energy-saving than incandescent lamps, and LEDs are 1/4 energy-saving than energy-saving lamps. In cars, the same daytime running lights, the energy consumption of LED components is only 1/20 of that of halogen lamps. The cost of LED components has also been drastically reduced year by year, and the cost and price are still falling by more than 20% per year.
2. Long lifespan: LED components used in automobiles can basically reach the level of 50,000 hours, and well-known automotive lighting suppliers have been able to provide LED components with a lifespan of 100,000 hours, which is equivalent to 11 years. Taking into account the frequency of light usage, basically, the LED components do not need to be replaced during the design life of the entire vehicle. In contrast, the life span of a xenon lamp is only about 3000 hours. Moreover, LEDs make the shapes and lines of the headlights richer, and the recognition at night is also higher.
3. Good durability: LED components have a simple structure, excellent impact resistance and shock resistance, are not easily broken, and can adapt well to various environments.
4. LED components are small in size, compact and easy to layout and shape design: this is a huge advantage of LED, this advantage fully caters to the evolutionary needs of automobile manufacturers in design, breaking the shackles of the past lighting system on modeling innovation, and let us have More creative automotive products.
5. Fast response speed: The lighting of LED only needs microseconds. It can be quickly lit to achieve better warning effect when used on taillights and turn signals. When used on headlights, it has more advantages than xenon lamps and halogen headlights. The high response speed has better guarantee for driving safety.
6. Low brightness attenuation: LED brightness is high, and the light brightness attenuation is much lower than that of halogen lamps. It is suitable for lighting and warning lights such as brake lights and turn signals.
7. It can be driven by low-voltage direct current, with small load, weak interference, low requirements for the use environment, and good adaptability. Unlike xenon lamps, a booster device (high-voltage package) is also required.